Saturday, January 1, 2011

building my bike at the Auckland airport

I landed in Auckland and spent two hours building my bike on some grass just outside the airport. I found out later that they have a bike building station with bike stands. Way cool of them. A clear attempt to get more cycle touring in NZ.

I set up a time lapse camera to shoot the set up. Coming soon.

After the setup, I biked to a gas station to grab some water and asked the someone which way Auckland was.

Its a little strange to bike on the left hand side of the road. The biggest issue I have is looking over my left shoulder for traffic. Its strange I've looked over my left shoulder since I was 5.

The trip from the airport to one tree hill where my buddy Frasher lives was about 14km and went over a bridge to get there.

It didn't take long for us to head out to the local fish and ships restaurant. Amazing!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

Naomi Rhema said...

fish & ship?
do you mean chips ;)
either way - cant wait to see the time laps...